Healthy Banana Breakfast Muffins
- 8 oz wholemeal flour
- 1 oz wheat germ
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 6 medium, ripe bananas – mashed
- 8 fl oz apple purée (simply dice peeled apples, simmer in a little water until tender, then purée)
- 3 fl oz milk (you can use cow’s milk, breast milk or formula)
- Preheat the oven to 325 deg F (160 deg C).
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, wheat germ and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the apple purée, bananas and milk.
- Pour the apple mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Pour into greased muffin trays bake for around 40-45 minutes.
- The muffins are ready when a sharp knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
I have also substituted the banana for pineapple and this also works well for an alternative breakfast. Isabelle certainly showed her approval by “snarfling” one down in less than 3 minutes. (Either she really enjoyed them or was starving)