Tried and tested, I even had to make another batch because the adults ate some to and the Mr took some to work.
8 oz porridge oats
4 oz butter
2 oz rice flour
2 fl oz rice syrup
10 oz dried apricots
2 oz raisins
1. About one hour before you start, soak the dried apricots in warm water or apple
juice to soften them.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
3. Over a low heat, melt the butter. Then stir in the rice syrup and mix well. 4
. Next, stir in the oats, rice flour, and raisins. Mix together thoroughly. The mixture
should be moist enough to ‘clump’ together, but should not be runny at all. If it is, just
add more oats, a little at a time.
5. Chop the pre-soaked apricots finely.
6. Press half the oat mixture into a greased baking pan, then top with the chopped
7. Put the rest of the oats on top and flatten thoroughly with the palms of your hands.
8. Bake for 25 mins, until firm and golden.
9. Slice into fingers when still hot, but don’t try to remove the flapjacks from the pan
until they’ve cooled down!