Quite often, all that we know about bloggers is what they share with us on their blogs, we don’t really know the person behind the screen. That’s why I thought, what better way to get to know the bloggers than to ask all those important questions in a good old-fashioned blog tag.
I’ll kick things off
2. When did you start blogging?
Towards the end of 2010
3. What is your blog about?
It started out life primarily as a parenting blog but I would now say it’s more of a family lifestyle blog.
4. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging out of complete boredom whilst on maternity leave, it filled a void in my life and I have continued ever since.
5. What’s the meaning behind your blog name and how did you come up with it?
My blog actually stared out life as ‘Not Always Right’ but after a few years, I wanted something that reflected me a bit more. That’s how Mum’s The Nerd was born.
6. What fictional world would you like to live in?
It has to be Harry Potter
7. What always brings a smile to your face?
When my daughter talks enthusiastically about things, I love that she is developing her own passions in life.
8. What is your biggest peeve?
Littering, I honestly can’t stand it. I have the shortest fuse when it comes to littering.
9. Toilet paper, over or under?
10. If you suddenly woke up as a fictional character, which fictional character would you be?
Luna Lovegood, she seemed pretty carefree and unbothered of what people thought of her.
11. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why?
When I was younger I always wanted to change my name, I could never find it on headbands or those giant pencils that you would find in gift shops. Now I don’t think I would actually change my name.
12. What would you change about yourself?
I’d be more confident in myself
13. What is your biggest achievement?
It sounds corny, but my daughter, Little Legs is my greatest achievement. She’s such an amazing little person and I still can’t quite believe she’s ours.
14. What was your favourite childhood TV Show?
15. What’s your favourite song & Why?
Learn to Fly – Foo Fighters. It reminds me of my youth
16. Are you a dog person or cat person?
Definitely a dog person, I love my boys.
17. What’s the most ridiculous fact that you know?
The national animal of Scotland is the Unicorn
18. If there was a film made about your life, who would play you?
I’d like somebody funny, perhaps Melissa McCarthy
19. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a vet after watching a TV show called Vets in Practice. I never pursued that dream though.
20. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
If we were to emigrate, it would be to Canada. If we stay in the UK, I’d like to live in Brighton at some point.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I’m always torn between being able to fly or time travel. Time travel would probably be more beneficial though
22. What was your most recent lie?
I told my daughter I don’t know what happened to her packet of Haribo, I know exactly what happened to it. I ate it
23. Where is the best place you have ever visited?
Hands down, New York. It’s my favourite place
24. What was the last book that you read?
I actually started reading Archenemies by Marissa Meyer today
25. What is your earliest memory?
I remember being stung by a jellyfish whilst on holiday when I was 3.
26. What is the oldest thing that you own?
I have a 1915 edition of The Water Babies, I received it for my 16th birthday.
27. What is your favourite movie?
Star Wars – The Empire Strikes Back
28. What values are most important to you?
29. What do you like most about yourself?
My ability to make light of a situation
30. What is something most people don’t know about you?
I trained to be a nurse but decided it wasn’t for me.
So there we have it, 30 questions about The Blogger. I am tagging Ashley from Love Ashley, Hanna Rose from Little Snippets, Rebecca from The Coastal Mummy, Mark from Big Man in the Woods, Jess from Tantrums to Smiles, Clare from Freddies Mummy and Zoë from My Little Wildlings to join in and answer the questions over on their blogs.