Blogger, Creative Type, Social Media Addict, Android Enthusiast, WordPress Lover, Geek Extraordinaire
Hello There!, I’m Karina, the author of this here blog. I dwell in the not so sunny City of Manchester with my little family; the Mr, our daughter ‘Little Legs’, Obi Wan & Loki the pups and Jasper the fluffy cat with attitude.
Mum’s The Nerd started back in 2010 as a way of keeping myself entertained when I started maternity leave. Since then the blog has grown and become pretty much more of an open creative space.
I love blogging, food and photography. I get to hang out with my little lady every day whilst working from home which is pretty cool, she entertains me with her epic dance moves and ‘teenage attitude” whilst I cater to her every whim and provide Tauntaun rides on demand. I’d love to consider myself to be a domestic goddess but then I would be lying to you.
Some random facts about me
- As you might have guessed, I’m what some would call a big ol’ Nerd
I have a degree in Computer Science
- I’m a crazy animal lady
- I suffer from Anxiety
- I love gadgets and tech
- I’m a huge Star Wars fangirl
- I love Lego
I’m a huge Comic fan, I love Marvel and DC Comics or anything related, superheroes are my thing
- Cartoons from the 80’s/early 90’s float my boat, I’m talking about you Captain Planet
I love stationery, it is my weakness like kryptonite is to Superman.
- We love to travel and adventure
- I love taking days out with my little family, planned or not they are my favourite way to spend my time
- I am socially awkward
I spend my downtime gaming
- I’m a big Nintendo fan and a massive Zelda fan
- And most importantly I love being a parent more than anything, as corny as it sounds being a parent really has changed my life. I love my little family, they mean the world to me and I wouldn’t know how to live without themI think that pretty much sums everything up, but if you want to know anything else just ask
Little Legs was born in December 2010 and is quite the character, if I could describe her simply, it would be strong-willed. She knows what she likes and is a determined little girl.
When she grows up she would like to be a vet or a Jedi Knight.
Her favourite things include
- My Little Pony
- Wearing Wellies
- Days out
- Star Wars
You can also find me at KarinaDavies.com and my other sites